As I set out on the balcony here at the lake house I see schools of shad at the waters surface here in the cove. Small schools of them. I was thinking that I might be able to catch a few using a cast net and transfer them to the pond. It looks like have lost my TFS over the past 12 months due to them eaten or due to clear water this year. Pretty sure it was due to clear water because of all the Bushy pondweed. The pond has a bloom going on now with a dark olive green water color with about 3' of visibility. What I'm concerned about is, can I really tell the difference between TFS and Gizzard shad. I don't want any gizzard because of recent fish kill has caused me to lose my larger sized predator's in the pond. So, is it all that hard to tell the difference in the two shad if they are of smaller sized fish? I'm not so worried about them making the transfer from lake to pond this time of year. They will or will not make it. If just a few survived, it might work. Any one have much experience with telling the shad apart from each other if they are small sized? If you can pass the info along, that would be helpfull Thanks.

Last edited by TGW1; 08/06/20 07:15 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy