I've had my 3+ acre pond electroshocked twice. I don't think it was priced as high as you quoted but last one was 3 yrs ago. E surveys are nice to have but it needs to be done when the water temps put most of the fish in shallower waters. And it's nice to have someone who is educated/experienced in evaluation.

There are some other ways to personally survey your pond. May not be as good but it can still give you an idea on what you may have. First I would suggest observation of the fish in the pond. Maybe feeding until you get some coming to the feed, where you can see sizes and numbers. You can fish the pond using different sized lures for different sized fish. And using live baits will usually work pretty well if wanting to catch some fish. Worms, Crickets and live minnows, both fathead and Golden shiners work really well. Small Bg may also work. You can also purchase a 20' sein at Walmart, buy two zip tie them making a 40' sein and pull it through the shallows,4' depths or so. Keep records of what you get.

And Welcome to this place, lots of help here and lots of Information.

Last edited by TGW1; 08/03/20 06:44 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy