Okay, I have a pond in Oklahoma approximately the size of a football field. I would say just over an acre. This pond in the last five years has been over taken with moss on top and has a lot of grass growing in it as well. When it gets hot in the summer (July/August) we have had some fish kill. Not a huge amount, but some.

As a result of all of this I decided to attempt to aerate the pond. I have purchased a 120 HP Hi-Blow air pump and ran a 1/2" pvc line into the pond about 50'. It's in about 6' of water. I hooked this up about three weeks ago.

As of right now I just have the line blowing straight into the pond with no diffuser, etc. I am about to add another 1/2" line to this and run about 100 feet 1/2" weighted air line to another spot in the pond so I can get action in two different places.

If you see any issues so far please let me know as I'm learning.

Anyway, on this second line I would like to add a diffuser. I have read about buidling one out of a 5 gallon bucket that you fill with rocks, etc. I am wondering if anyone can point me to any directions in building one. Also I have been running my pump 24/7 since I installed it.

I'm open to advice and knowledge that anyone cares to share. This pond is stocked with carp, catfish and bass.