Thanks for dredging this up! I am finally looking at getting a tractor, and am thinking new as the depreciation is so dang tiny and I don't want to turn wrenches when I simply want to get stuff done.

I lost access to an older MF with a dual stage clutch, and enjoyed doing stuff with it, but it had no front-loader, and the clutch for the PTO had absolutely no slip, so I sheared a few bolts off trying to engage the brush hog.

So right now I am looking at a Bobcat compact, as there is a dealer down the road from me at work, and my old pizza delivery guy is a budding salesman. I am looking at a CT2040 level tractor. They appear to be well-built machines, and the dealership has been around for ages. I don't have experience with diesel, so I am a little frightened by that, especially running it out of fuel.

Wondering if anyone has experience with these for advice? 16 acres of crud, most needs some clearing. Mostly brush hogging, hauling dirt, and maybe some hobby farming of ~2 acres.

If I purchase it myself without 0% it is ~$19K new with front-loader. Otherwise it jumps to $23K with 0% (hardly 0% interest!)