I haven't made any new progress on this project now we are in the high heat of summer but I have been monitoring the water temperature to see if it will support trout if I decide to go that route. With the high inflow rate of creek water the temperature is holding a very steady 70F at about 12" deep near the shore line. I will start making more measurements around the pond and at various depths to check the uniformity of temperature but at 70 I think it should be OK for trout?

Once the summer heat starts to subside I will build a few new habitat areas with the rock and brush piles I have all over the property. Sometime this fall I will need to decide if I'm going with trout or LMB. If trout, I'll have to fish or net out the few LMB that I can clearly see swimming around. Should be too difficult with the clarity of the water especially in the fall.

According to the company that offers stocking services, I will need to order my forage species before winter and get them established for the spring stocking of trout of LMB. This is the plan for now but it is always subject to change for any number of reasons.

Any comments and or suggestions are always welcome.

Bruce.