Thank you so much for your answers. We bought 5 lb of FHM today so I could at lease see something swimming in the pond and to start developing an eco system.

I'm glad that was the only investment we made because it didn't take long to lose about 1/4 of the fish. I bought some pond balance, but this place didn't have much, so it probably didn't really help. It was probably the heat, like y'all warned me about. I'm feeding them floating fish food. I crush some of the pellets so they can get them better. How much should I feed them? 2 cups? Less? Once a day or more than once a day?

Now that the pond is full, the borders changed from what we thought they would be. I would say the pond is a little smaller. About 50 ft by 55 ft. Still 8 ft. deep in the middle.

The thought of just bass sounds pretty inviting. I would like the pond to be clear plus I would also like to catch something beside catfish. The number of fish doesn't matter much to me. I would rather have a few bigger ones.

Bluegill are also fun to catch.

Thank you for you help? We are not going to add any more until we hear more recommendations from you guys.