Originally Posted by TGW1
WBJ, I know u have been there done that. Or u lost fish. frown And yes it sucks. A great fishery for an E Texas pond just went to Chet. I see alot of small sized cnbg along with some Tp and a few lmb. And the pond is full of BF tadpoles. Something I have not seen since the ponds fist spring. Makin lemonade out of lemons, I see where I might be able to do something different come next spring. Right now, my plans are to monitor catch rates, size of fish this coming fall when the water cools and then maybe entertain an E survey next spring and go from there. And your solar buddy (and my buddy too) is working with me to improve my aeration situation, low DO, by moving some surface waters using solar power and or another way (experimenting with air) so like you, I hope to improve what I have now. So in the future I can improve the DO during the hot summer months without the water temps moving to the 92 degree water temps. Maybe an air conditioner pumping cold air into the diffusers might help. smile I need to talk to Brian about that lol.

Tracy - It can definitely be discouraging. Good news is for you it's not an every year thing. The other good news is there is ALWAYS a solution. It just takes a combination of time and money!!! The more money you spend the less time it usually takes and vice versa.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management