John, after five yr's of management I still don't know what I don't know. My learning curve can be pretty steep and costly. So how many fish is too many? I still don't know. You can't determine it through fishing, big fish are harder to catch because they are smarter, more familiar with their surroundings and Florida bass are harder to catch anyway. Even when it looked like i had x number per acre, u could not catch but maybe one per hr. I think this fish kill had more to do with excess vegetation due to high nutrients from feeding over a five yr period. Too much vegetation means low Do in the night hrs. The pond had lost it's thread fin shad population last fall due to clear water and nothing for them to eat. So that was a reduction of fish and my 6 to 8" cnbg were for the most part gone. Another reduction of pounds per acre, And when bass fishing u almost never caught a 12 or 13 " lmb. We did not cull because they were not there. I do think there were too many HSB but the RW's were good so i did not feel like they were starved of food, That messed with my thinking/logic at the time. They were hand feed for the most part, again to much feeding going on. High nutrient water grows alot of veggies.

Last edited by TGW1; 07/23/20 03:08 PM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy