Thanks esshup for the info, I was hoping that there might be someone local here in the E. Texas area but yet to find one. Dave, a few weeks back, I did talk to Kelly through email and we discussed grass carp as a solution but any improvement by grass carp is most likely a couple of years away. because the BPW has taken over the pond. After spending thousands and putting alot of time into a trophy pond, it's pretty discouraging. Fireishot has helped but because it is summer your hands are pretty much tied when it come to any chemical solution. So right now the pond is running it's course. We continue to rake the pond but not sure that we will ever catch up.

Found a 21" lmb dead and floating yesterday. Lost a trophy and that sucks. Hope I don't find more of them today. Fish seemed to be doing fine after the big hsb kill. Been running diffusers 4 1/2 hrs per night. Son ran over air line with brush hog. Went a day without air, found dead fish. I am still not sure running diffusers is the way to go when it comes to our warm hot summer days. Did anyone notice Bob Lusk Facebook comments about him shutting off his diffusers for a few days this past week? Maybe I am thinking alike. Look at fish suppliers, they run surface aeration not diffusers. Highflyer is kind enough to help me out in finding a solution. I am willing to put in more money for surface air but it may be looking at alot of money for a solution. I am guessing that it may run at least 2 to 5,000 for any type of surface aeration when looking at a 3 acre pond. Looking at 1500 for first attempt but I am not sure this will solve the aeration problem I am seeing at the pond right now. Right now I am not sure it's cheaper for a pond over bass boats and new truck to pull it with, Hind sight is 20/20. Grass carp should be added to any pond when doing the first stocking of a pond in E. Texas or at least stock them the first year. Everyone I have spoken to, the first question they ask is do you have grass carp.

Last edited by TGW1; 07/19/20 07:04 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy