Thanks for the info John, I started with 3 per acre but no way they curtailed the spring growth. It was recommended I add 5 per acre but I understood it was good to have some BPW. So, I just added 10 al together. WRONG! That crap loves my pond. I think it was one reason I lost some of my HSB this summer. Last fall I would see on the outside of my APW and not alot of it. And some said it was good to have some. No Way I think you want it in a pond. You are also a good example of how it took over. It cleared my water all the way to 10' depths and then grew there also. Like Frank, I am loaded with cnbg in the 3 to 4" size. The perfect size for the lmb and hsb but if they can't catch them and eat them it's no advantage to having them. In fact at this time, I see no reason for a forage pond because there are so many and I am used to haveing a good forage base for growing large lmb/hsb. I am sure my Tp are also booming with babies. As I rake it into the boat I find 1" lmb, 1/2" cnbg or res in it, they are to small to tell the difference right now.

Last edited by TGW1; 07/11/20 11:20 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy