The main reason for the pond, when we built the house, was to use it as a ministry. To have kids come out from the intercity and churches where, most of these kids have never fished. Then we decided to add geothermal to be more energy efficient.
We dug a four foot deep trench around the up-side of the pond area before we finished digging out the pond. That was to allow the kids to walk around the sea wall side and not get muddy and be next to the water. (It is only about 2.5 feet deep next to the wall and goes out 7' and goes 12' deep as a safety factor.

We wanted the pond for both CC, RES, and LMB. That is where it started and has been very gratifying to see these kids catch their first fish. Some we would clean and let them take home. Know they are not big enough to keep.THAT IS THE REAL STORY.

I very much appreciate all of the comments and ideas we are getting. I am just outside of my league on these issues. I have yet to have 20 posts sense joining in 2005 .But all my limited knowledge has come from this site.
Someone mentioned having a Bob Lusk weigh in on this. How do I contact him for his opinion. And please send me any ideas that will straighten out our delima. Thank You

BTW i am building a 12' x 12' floating platform so i can evenly wash 6 tons of gypsum thru-out the pond to really clear it up . I have about 16 to 18 " of visibility. We do not have any vegetation in the pond . Any comments on these issues. I am able to get 2 ton totes of gypsum powder very reasonable when i pick it up . I will wash it off the platform and agitate it in the water with a outboard motor.