My wife would be boiling those up to eat. Our local scuba diving club used to do a "crawfish hunt" at a local lake at night. Some would scuba and get the larger specimens in several feet of water. Others like myself that had small kids at the time just snorkeled with my son and picked up many, many small ones. Had prizes for "most", "largest", etc.

After the "weigh in" they were all dropped into a large kettle with some crab boil spices and were consumed. At the time I was not much for lobster as I was not much of a seafood person back then so for me they were just "ok". But my wife that loves lobster could have eaten her weight in them I think (only a slight exaggeration).

She previously had tried crawfish in the south and never liked them. Not sure why. But these caught and boiled fresh were excellent.

Dropped live into a boiling pot of water with spices you like. Boiled till they turn bright red. Twist off the tail and eat the meat and the more adventurous "suck" the eyes and head. Oh, forgot. Clean the larger ones by removing the antenna and sticking it up the butt and pull out the "guts".

Might give them a try if you haven't.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine