Holy Moly Snipe!...you are really bringing them in. I thought I was trapping alot at just over 500 so far this season (estimated total weight of 60 pounds). The daily catches at my pond have gone from and average of 35 a night to 20 and the larger 5" craws are fewer in numbers while the smaller 3" numbers are increasing (percentage-wise). I am seeing no improvement in water clarity which is odd. I have had very little run-off in the past few weeks and I keep taking the craws out.

I'm not sure at what point to stop removing them. I was hoping to see water conditions improve and use that as a guide. Like you, I plan to keep removing them until I see a drastic reduction in catch rates or water clarity improves.

You might look around your area for a bait vendor/farmer and make a little hobby money. With the amount of craws you're getting...it might be worth someone's while to come get some. Crawdads are about impossible to source around here because the re-introduction of otters has cleaned out most rearing ponds.

Fish on!,
Noel