Bushy pondweed removal continues almost every day. It's work and not something I enjoy doing but it seems to be necessary or I would not do it. Alot of it is dead or dying and floats as a large free floating matt. But in other areas of the pond it is green and lays on the top of the water and is about 6 to 10" thick with strands of it growing from the bottom up. I use a heavy grass rake that brings the thick layer to the boat and then hand pull this thick blanket into the boat. I will load around a 100 lbs of it per boat load, And when I unload it there will be around 10 gals of water in the boat or around 80lbs of water. So I really wind up with about 30 lbs + of actual plant. And that ends up with me clearing an area about 15' by 15'. I find that there is alot of life in that thick blanket as I pull it into the boat. I find 1" lmb fry, 1/2" cnbg or res fry along with other things that look like crickets but not crickets. They live under water in the thick blanket. I also find tiny worm looking things that have tiny heads along with some things that look like little beetles along with some other insect looking things. But all of them live under water or on the waters surface. Some of them will sting me or bite me like a bee sting. And that's not something I care for.

I also increased my diffuser run time and added an hr to 4 1/2 hrs from 3 am to 730 am. I have been slowly increasing run times in an attempt not to over heat the water. I am running 3 out of 6 diffusers with me using the ones in the deeper pool area. To run the others, they would be in the really thick plant area and get little to no water movement so I don't run them. After increasing the run times I found 2 dead HSB that were in the 4 to 5# range and my other HSB were not actively feeding so I am guessing they are stressed, I hope they pull through all of this. Another thing is I saw was a grass carp that must have been close to 30" long and weigh about 6 + lbs. Blew my mind that I have seen such a fast growth in these fish that went from 14" to double that in just 10 months. They have alot of plants/food to eat. I am hoping that all ten of them survived last fall stocking along with the other five I added this past spring so they can put a dent in all the Bushy pond weed.

One more thing, the ponds seems to be loaded with 3 to 4" cnbg

Last edited by TGW1; 07/05/20 07:31 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy