The #2 starter feed I have is sinking so I can't even see what is eating it. But I am sure the FHM will clean it up and the HSB will get it from that source. I wish I had the #4 which is about the size of BB's and floats. I have had it before to feed the small BG around the edge of the main pond.

I only caught the one fish so it could have been the largest or the smallest. I will check in another week or two when they get a little bigger and the cast net will not kill them. By the time they are 5" I should be able to catch them by hook and line. I have actually caught FHM's on a small hook before so should be able to catch the HSB with the right rig. I think I got some tiny jig hooks for tying flys.

I was concerned stocking so many fish in my tiny 1/20th acre forage pond but from what I read they raise these things under commercial conditions at tremendous pounds of fish per acre. I do have aeration in this pond so that is a plus. I can up the air flow easily as they get bigger and more concentrated. Then as soon as they get big enough to escape predation I can start taking some out and putting in other ponds to give more room for the remaining ones.

We have been trying to fish and remove some CC and HBG from the main pond to give room for some more biomass anticipating putting some of these HSB in there.

Kind of exciting but spooky too, wondering just where I will screw up and kill some fish. eek

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine