Caught two more hybrids from this pond and they are in the holding pen to be invited to supper. They are such nice fish kind of hated to pull them out, but I really do not want the GSF/RES hybrids in this specific pond. Other ponds it would be fine. About 10" and 1.2#. Caught a second one almost identical to the one pictured.

Lots of baby SMB in this pond. While standing along the bank fishing can see 3" ones and a few 4" passing by in small schools in shallow water. Their black tail marking makes them stand out compared to the Gams also in the shallow water.

The SMB seem to be doing pretty well, although this one looks a little skinny. Maybe a female after spawn? I did not weigh it. The one pictured is about as big as any I have caught. Have removed a lot of smaller and medium sized ones to give more resources to the ones remaining, but with all the fingerlings I am seeing it remains to be seen if it helps. They have been coming for feed very well lately.

Did catch one RES out of this pond and a smaller one.

Saw three of the four GC I put in the pond last fall and they have about denuded the pond of the bushy pond weed. I need to get a couple of them out I think. Now they have become pellet trained and are pellet hogs.

Pictures linked

Attached Images
20200702_183056.jpg 20200702_184801.jpg 20200702_190155.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 07/04/20 07:31 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine