Originally Posted by Bullwinkle
I am in the learning process on aerators. I have made my own. I have a little over an acre pond that runs to about 14' deep. I am currently using an AP100 septic pump with 3 100' 1/2" lines running off of it. The pump is working fine. I have had it going 24/7 for about a month. I have made my own diffusers but believe I need smaller and more bubbles. I am going to try soaker hose this weekend and if that doesn't work I will be buying air stones. If you need more "power" you can use a bigger line. I am looking at going to a 3/4" or 1" line. The 1/2" is working fine, but I think I can increase the longevity of the pump with a larger line i.e. reduced back pressure.

That's crazy that you're running at the ~same depth as me in a bigger pond than mine, with a septic pump, and you're running 3 diffusers off of it??? I was told that a septic pump would not work with 2 diffusers on mine because it would not be powerful enough?? I'm getting so much misinformation online that it's making my brain hurt.

Now when you say you're going to go up to a 3/4" or 1" line to increase power, and longevity, and reducing back pressure....wouldn't the diffusers have to be able to diffuse that much air flowing to them or you would still get the back pressure, correct?

Thanks for your help! I'm going to start looking at AP100 pumps....