I think that we have the drain installed and stabilized in our newest pond construction site (will be 4th pond). We seem to have a thin sand lens that runs between 2 clay layers all over our place requiring a bottom drain to remove the inflow of water. It was touch and go on getting this in and having it work after heavy rain, cave-ins, and a mud slurry filling in the hole. Very stressful, but with a 6' extension of the pipe into an expanded hole, it seems good now. The pipe is over 280' long and 13' deep in places. Plan is to cap it in the pond once construction is done. I left a closed slice valve on my last pond just in case it was leaky, and that still worries me. My son gets the credit for digging the longest and deepest part of the trench and getting the pipe in (14 hour marathon in the backhoe with one 15-minute break), finishing at midnight. Still have a lot of work filling in the trench and holes required to clear cave-ins. Did some yesterday. I am not really fond of dozer or backhoe work, but I love ponds!

Last edited by RAH; 07/02/20 06:30 AM. Reason: typo