Originally Posted by anthropic
For the last few weeks, the local Bass Pro has been totally out of 4 inch Power Worms in all colors. No motor oil, red shad, watermelon, junebug, tequila sunrise, etc. Shelves were empty. Well, empty with one exception: Black. Black worms, they had plenty.

Reluctantly, I bought a couple of packs, hoping I wouldn't run out of better colors. But I did, so eventually went with black.

A couple of hours and two 20 plus inch LMB later, I can say that black worms work just dandy.

I recall reading an article years ago by a plastic worm manufacturer which tested various colors for bass response. They concluded that the fish didn't care if the lure were translucent or a solid shade. However, fishermen did care, much preferring translucent, so they kept making more of those.

Interesting. Anybody else experience something similar at Bass Pro?

Every retailer here in Ontario Canada is selling product they have in inventory only. It appears with this pandemic to keep profit margins up they are selling off only what they have on hand. They will ship store to store but it appears when inventory is gone its gone for now until we return to some sense of normal.

I am not a very religious person but, I really am praying for our brother to the south. This virus is no joke.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.