Photobucket still hosed so no pic yet.

I made this one from scrap wire that I had left over from building fish cages.

Outside dimension is ~1'x1'x1'. The opening at the top of the ramp is 1.5"x3", which is plenty big for the largest crays to pass through, but it's also easy for them to get back out.
I think pulling it at first light would minimize the number of escapees.

There's no "funnel" at the opening. It's just a notch cut in a flat piece of mesh that gaps the ramp to the top and sides of the trap. On the commercial version the "wings" between
the sides and the opening are angled towards the opening. I'm not sure that would really make much difference in how many crays find their way in or back out.

I've only soaked it twice, but it caught very few fish. No YP either time, and only a couple BG/HBG/GSF. There were a couple bullfrog tadpoles in it after the 2nd soak.

I was just looking to whip something up that was cheap and quick that could be put together with stuff that I had laying around. That goal was accomplished.
Is there room for improvement? Definitely. If I wanted to do more than population sampling/thinning and catching some fishbait I'd buy a couple of these from
Memphis Net and Twine.
https://www.memphisnet.net/product/2847/traps-fish-collapsible