Saturday night we were outside enjoying the evening when Daughter's Doberman that thinks it's a Lab saw something cutting across the driveway between the house and the barn.

Dog took off like a shot, then there was some awful wailing and gnashing of teeth, and the screams of some poor critter being horribly maimed and killed.

When it was all over the dog's nose was split down the middle, she was cut to the bone on her right hock, and there was a full grown muskrat shredded on the ground next to the toy hauler.

I felt bad for the dog getting chomped. Can't feel bad for the muskrat. I'm glad the varmint didn't make it to the pond. I hope it was a loner on a scouting mission.

This morning I noticed one of the noodle floats had been pulled out of the cage that I was holding baby RES in for pellet training.

The cage was tipped over and mostly sunk, and all but half a dozen or so of the RES were gone. The BG cage had been messed with too. One float was out, but it's a smaller cage and
was still floating. I'm thinking that a raccoon has discovered my fish gulag. I'll set the live trap out on the dock tonight and see if I can catch the freeloader.