2 questions/observations...

1. I spent too many hours going through the entire fuel system of my father in laws 50 hp Suzuki 4stroke outboard (low pressure filter, high pressure filter, low pressure fuel pump, electric high pressure fuel pump, spark plugs, injectors, check lines, fittings) due to engine quitting slightly above idle. It is a 2004 and all of this was original so not a bad thing to have done. Then started checking lines, swapping bulbs, swapping tanks with other outboard tanks, and finally tracked the problem back to a fuel/water separator mounted under the console. I had already just installed a new fuel filter in that separator housing so never thought that could be the issue. The fuel pumps into the filter and bowl beautifully. But apparently fuel can't get OUT of that unit. I see a small vent plug but the plug is solid with a rubber o ring so I can't see how any air goes through that plug. But if I bypass that fuel/water separator the engine runs great.

We use a small 6 gallon plastic tank and fresh gas most every trip. I don't feel like we even need a fuel water separator, is that for a saltwater rig? Or for boats that have an onboard under the deck tank that somehow can get condensation in it? I'm looking to order the new metal housing that the filter screws into which should solve my problem but it is crazy after all these hours and wrenching that somehow in that metal housing which just has a fuel in fitting and a fuel out fitting that we could have an obstruction somewhere. I can blow in the in and in the out and no obstruction but somehow the motor cannot draw enough fuel through it.

The repair shops are all backed up due to COVID and no available parts so I was determined to solve this on my own. Learned a lot, watched some youtube videos and I guess I can rest easy that all the filters, plugs, injectors, pumps should be good to go for another 16 years.

2. HELP!! what is the best HAND CLEANER?? I have all kinds of grease and the nasty stuff that accumulates on fuel lines when they lay under a cover in the back of the boat for too long on my hands. Can folks share their favorite handcleaner brand with me?

Thanks!