Having some turbidity issues that I believe are craw related as my arrowhead is even being cut down.
I stopped aeration 3 days ago as my vis is down to about 10".
Last fall I removed 3 5gal buckets full during net samples and I don't think I dented the population yet.
I have 3 CC left in pond 5-6lb'ers, (5/8ac) of the original 10.
Smallmouth are averaging 117 WR from this year so far and not 1 has had signs of craws-small or otherwise but my minnow population is almost unbelievable.
I'm wondering how long I could sustain craws in a 200 gallon tank? Does anybody NEED any northern virile craws??
Hate to just kill things but gotta get some improvement in water quality.
Run fry nets the last couple of days and have ran across quite a few smb from 3/4'-1.5"-pretty cool.
Any ideas or guidance would be well thought through and appreciated, I know I need to remove "some" and I'm ok with sorting and releasing small craws..thinking out-loud..
I should also add those that may have seen the post, I had a strange bacteria event that was killing craws this spring and it would appear it didn't get much of the total but I did find nearly 200 dead-mostly large-but even some larger ones left. When I say Large, I mean 7-8" from Tips to tail and up to 1-3/4" across shell. Was told these were papershells when I stocked the original 2lbs of 2" craws-obviously not what they are, but they are all identical.

Last edited by Snipe; 06/24/20 02:08 PM.