Update and question. Update first. I have taken out almost 2,800 catfish this year. As of today the catfish I have filleted still have eggs (thought that was surprising for southern il.) also some catfish 11-12 inches had eggs not sure if that is normal or the catfish are stunted. I bass fished the pond for the first time to see how things were going. I caught 8 bass with a squarebill with one lap around the lake. Bass were 10-17 inches most being around 14. The bluegill are everywhere with all different classes and some real nice ones swimming around. All in all happy that the bass are present/growing and bluegills are doing well.

My main question is when do I start harvesting bluegills? I don’t want to exchange the catfish problem for bluegills. But I also don’t want any catfish young of the year to survive. I figure any bluegill I may take out wouldn’t be until fall. I might not touch them this year and stock 50-100 5-8 inch bass this fall while taking more catfish out. Then Bluegill harvest in spring of 2021. Not sure trying to get a game plan. Thanks