Thanks for the input Bill. I'm coming around to understand the limitations of this small pond and appreciate all the recommendations from the site experts here. I do live full time on the property and would be able to regularly feed the fish I chose to maintain in this pond. My plan is to add habitat and forage in order to improve productivity but i realize it will have some serious limitations given all the issues you and others have mentioned. Previous owner had told me they did harvest some good sized trout at some point but I didn't get a lot of specifics so this may just become an experiment to see what is possible over time.

There is also a second small ~1/10 acre and deeper (maybe 9 ft) man made pond on the property that does not have water in it right now and hasn't been used in a long time. There are quite a few trees growing in and around it that I plan to remove and then feed water from the same creek as the existing pond. I'll start a new thread on that project in the future.

Bruce.