Around here in east texas and between the 2 largest lakes in Texas...old fiberglass bass boats are available everywhere. I have bought them for $100-$200 and that includes a trailer. One of them had a Johnson outboard motor on it I sold for parts. Made enough to pay for the whole rig and made the trailer into a utility trailer. A good paddle will work for you better than a push pole. I mounted a $50 garage sale trolling motor on the BACK of my 16 ft boat and installed a floor mounted step on/stepoff button on the floor. Ideal for me and the wife fishing or working in the pond. I moor it next to my pontoon boat dock. I have electricity to the dock so I keep a 110 volt bilge pump plugged in and setting in the back of my little bass boat. After a rain I can just flip a switch and pump any water out of the little boat. Just what I do. Good luck. Personally, I never liked standing up in a flat bottom boat!!

Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.