Frustrated today... Often this time of year a pair of Goose and young will show up at my pond as a rest stop. We harass them the best we can to make them know they are not welcome and then the next day they usually are gone. They are very determined to not leave during day time hours and I think this is because the young cannot fly yet and have to leave on foot (by cover of night?) Then yesterday we literally had about 40 geese several 'families' and many young. We tried the typical harassment techniques including sending our dog in and using noise, water, blunt projectiles, splashes, noise, light... I was hoping they would get the hint over night but no luck this morning. I guess we go to the same techniques for another day and hope they get the point. Maybe they have to rest a bit before moving? We aren't giving them any time for rest and I'm not sure what the little ones are eating when they stay huddled in the middle of the pond....

I wouldn't mind them so much except for the amount of excrement in my pond is going to be large and last time this happened I was stuck with a nasty pond infestation of eurasian milfoil (or at least it is convenient to blame them for it...)