I dug a pond to raise fish about 5 1/2 years ago.Stocked it after the first rain 3 weeks later. Pond is 1/6 acre (50 wide x 150 long) Got a ton of nice blues and channels in there now. Also included lots of bluegill and red ear perch. and 5000 fathead minnows. Water has never cleared. Looks like clay, nice and TAN. Visibilty is less than 2" at best, Decided to build an aerator to go the length of pond, It's been in there for 48 hour so hours Temp outside is right at 100º. After reading the thread , to aerate or not and seeing the warning about the pond temp rising with each turnover, I ran out to check the pond's temp versus outside temp. The water in the pond is nice and coo, almost cold. Pond is 18' deep on one end and 12' deep on other end. How long can I leave the aerator on, since their hasn't been one on there until now?
Also, I read different websites on clarifying.
https://www.usagypsum.com/how-to-clarify-the-water-in-your-pond-with-recycled-gypsum So I did the test yesterday/today. I started with 10 T. of slurry. It did nothing in the 18 hours I let it sit. So I dumped 1 quart of the slurry into the test jar and it cleared up in 3 hours. I'm fixing to do the test again and only use 1/2 quart and see what happens. I just need to know how much gypsum to apply over the pond in lbs.
Is it best to add all the gypsum into a 100 gallon spray tank and fill it with clean water and go out in the john boat and spray the contents over the entire pond, or just broadcast the pellets?