Jump in Tracy, the water is fine (maybe??? lol). The more the merrier. I'm not ready to shut my aeration off for the sake of experimentation, but you have found yourself in a situation that may lend itself to that test. Keep us updated on the results.

Readings where taken again yesterday and I think I will continue to regurgitate the previous readings for ease of comparison. Air run-time has been extended by an hour or so every night since the first reading was taken and we received 2 inches of rain this morning, so, who knows what that will do to this evenings readings. Typically, my rain runoff into the pond has DO levels around 6. The 12" drain pipe had about 3 inches of running water at the intake...it got a decent flushing. The pollen floaties (or whatever it is) was getting pretty bad. This rain will make the surface appearance much better and, I predict, make the turbidity worse. I'll see this evening.

6/2 (5pm)...

________Surface (@6")____24" down______36" down
DO______ 6.2____________3.5____________2.3
PH______ 8.1____________7.8____________7.7
Temp_____82 F___________71____________69

6/3 (5pm)...

Secchi = 11"

DO______ 6.0____________5.0____________2.6
PH______ 8.0____________7.8____________7.7
Temp_____82 F___________75____________70.1

6/4 (5pm)...

Secchi = 10"

DO______ 6.8____________3.5____________2.5
PH______ 8.2____________7.9____________7.8
Temp_____84 F___________73____________71.1

Steve - -thanks for running some numbers. I must say that the DO numbers are tricky to get as the meter requires that the probe be moving 6" per second in order to read accurately. That is difficult to do in the pond and the display is constantly moving slightly, but not so much that I cannot get a mental running average. I would not put too much emphasis on the DO percentages. The ppm readings could be off by a couple of tenths.

I'll get more meaningful data this weekend when I can get a few sets a day (morning, mid, & evening).

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 06/04/20 08:57 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel