Originally Posted by Bocomo
QA, A series of measurements starting in the morning (like 6 am - 10 am) might help tell you how long to extend your run. The O2 level won't shoot up when the sun hits but takes a while to get up there as the plants produce it.

Also, is there an expert comment on the thermocline QA is showing? Is that a sign of inadequate mixing?

Quick DO checks last week around 8am were consistent at 3-4ppm top to 36" down. The aeration system kills the upper DO levels, but improves the lower and makes it all poor IMO. I will be increasing the run-times an hour or so a day as loger run-times helped last fall once the summer temps faded. I'll be watching DO this weekend pretty close.

I think he thermocline you may have thought you saw in my data was a typo...I had a 60.1 instead of a 70.1 (it's been corrected - sorry and thanks for bringing it to my attention). Otherwise, the true delta T's are pretty typical at the end of the day when air shuts off in the morning.

Originally Posted by wbuffetjr
Interestingly Bob Lusk just made a post saying that fish WILL choose favorable Temp over DO. That is kind of counter intuitive, at least to me.

I saw that and thought that my fish must really hate 75 to 82 degree water more than DO in the 2's.

Fish on!,
Noel