I hear you WB! Thanks for the thoughts, we are thinking along the same lines.

I just added 2 more hours to the run-time last night for a total of 9 hours (dusk to dawn). I estimate that I am, now, turning the pond over 3 times at night while the air is running. Foregoing the rule of thumb regarding at least one turnover per day, my pond does not seem to adhere to this rule...I plan to monitor the DO and keep increasing run-times until temps get up there. We'll see what that does. I have room to extend the run-times further into the morning hours, but summer heat is coming. I have removed 100 crawdads in the past few days which should reduce turbidity. Not to mention, it's pollen-water floaty-surface scum season and the water's surface is looking a bit "thick". With all these variables changing...who knows the real causes and effects? So long as DO goes up...I don't have the luxury of caring.

Just for record keeping and ease of comparisons...the last two nights readings (after re-calibrating the DO meter strictly to the the instructions)...

6/2 (5pm)...

________Surface (@6")____24" down______36" down
DO______ 6.2____________3.5____________2.3
PH______ 8.1____________7.8____________7.7
Temp_____82 F___________71____________69

6/3 (5pm)...

Secchi = 11"

________Surface (@6")____24" down______36" down
DO______ 6.0____________5.0____________2.6
PH______ 8.0____________7.8____________7.7
Temp_____82 F___________75____________70.1 (EDIT - I had typo'd in 60 instead of 70 - my bad)

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 06/03/20 05:06 PM. Reason: Temp Typo at EDIT

Fish on!,
Noel