Originally Posted by prefetch
thanks for the ideas. i ordered a fish finder and i'm gonna canoe around the lake with it and see if i can see anything. maybe the water just has to warm up a bit.

i don't feed them pellets, although i was given a bag of pellets and a few times i've thrown some handfuls in the water. didn't seem to do much.

i chose LMB and BG because they are fertile and will hopefully reproduce enough to create some kind of ecosystem. i didn't mention it, but i have maybe 30 trout in there as well, and even though they are fertile, i don't think they will reproduce because my understanding is that they need some kind of stream or something to reproduce.

my goal is to have a big pond that mostly just takes care of itself with respect to the fish population. i know that may take a few years, but that's my goal.

I understand. If you end up stocking any more fish maybe consider some Brook Trout. They can handle the cold water no problem AND they are the one trout that will reproduce in a pond. Good luck locating your fish! It's great to have another high elevation member here!

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 06/03/20 05:54 AM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management