Hello all, and thanks for letting me in the Forum.

I am completely new to Pond management. Our pond is about 1.25 ac, average depth maybe 6 feet. When we moved in 18 months ago, there was furniture and garbage in it , and the shore lines were overgrown. I worked my tail off and Got it all cleaned up and it looked good... but the water was dirty and dark.

A barber friend of mine recommended using Karmex. I used it... and wow... it did the trick. EASY NOW... you don't need to say it... In looking it up again this summer so I could purchase some locally, I found your forum and saw all the reasons why I should NOT use it... so I won't. Right not the pond has a film that looks like an oil slick, with brown bubbles when you disturb the water. It was slightly dirty about 10 days ago, but after 5 days of absolute ground soaking downpours, this oil slick appeared.

after reading your forum...
I bought some pond dye to add, to filter out light and reduce algae growth... even though I'm really not fond of a blue pond.
\
now it looks like a bluish brown oil slick.

I also bought some cutrine plus, but in reading your forum and the direction on the jug, they conflict with one another, and I'm not sure how to apply this safely so I do not damage the pond or the fish. Mix it with water and pour it along the shore, put it in a sprayer and spray it out as far as I can, or get in the boat and try to cover the whole lake? and when (if) I spray, how heavy do I spray it?

Can you help a brother out??

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by LonnieG; 06/02/20 02:21 PM. Reason: changed title to hopefully get noticed