I did not measure it. I was not expecting to see it. It was likely 9" long. I did get out and set the crawdad trap with an overnight catch of 50, one adult male FHM, and a few very small HBG. I added a few more craws from the results of throwing a 7-8' net...I could easlily get 20 tadpoles per throw and could have done much better, but the higher densities of tadpoles where over the underwater rootwad stuctures which is not good for the net...don't ask me how I know...I learn the hard things the hard way!

Boiled and on the menu for tonight...

[Linked Image]

I also did some DO testing and I must be doing something wrong. My aeration runs at night now (about 9pm to 5am). I checked it Saturday morning around 8am and it was around 4ppm at the surface and closer to 3.7ppm at 4 foot deep. I am currently removing crawdads to reduce the murky water with hopes to increase the aeration run times along with reducing turbidity...maybe this will help the DO levels too. The pond has always struggled with murky water, low DO and low feeding activity...I think the three are related. Last fall I thought that I might have too much biomass in the pond, but I could not catch more than a dozen 1/2 pond HBG over the course of a week fishing every day for an hour each...so, I threw them back in thinking that overpopulation was not the problem. I did remove several HSB, but added 10 more 10" HSB shortly after.

I fished for a 1/2 hour saturday at feeding time using earth worms and did not get a bite. The fish were not feeding well at all. My wife was with me which meant the dog was there too...I am sure this added to the lack of fish activity. My wife has one volume and uses it nonstop (practically)...bless her heart. Channing is a great dog, but weighs 90 pounds and substainially adds to the movement of the dock.

Attached Images
Craws.jpg
Last edited by Quarter Acre; 06/01/20 08:16 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel