Originally Posted by TGW1
Same here with the plants. Trying to save my AmPondweed and spot treat the bushy pondweed. I will be picking up 5 more grass carp from Todd Overton this sat along with some Aquathol super. And I will finally be picking up my Tp order. I have been monitoring my RW's on the lmb, not every lmb caught, sometimes I just look at the lmb and I know pretty quick if were good or not. If anything, I see the small lmb under 15" are at 100% but I would prefer they be in the 120% so I've asked that the smaller fish are removed when fishing. As far as the Hsb, they are feeder hogs but if you slip in a 4" fish bait, unweighted, circle hook and a clear plastic bobber, it won't take long before you are hooked up. So, I'm pretty sure that if any small lmb get close to the hsb they lmb won't live very long. Frank, have you seen your hsb move through an area on the lake thrashing the water like a wall of them moving through? Anything in their area that will fit into their mouth will get eaten. Schooling feeding is something to see.

Haven't seen the schooling feeding, Tracy. However, I have observed large fish chasing and blowing up multiple smaller fish close to the feeders. I'll bet they are mostly HSB. Even if I sacrifice some LMB relative weight, I like HSB. They likely do better surviving cormorant attacks, too.

Is Aquathol super a herbicide? Ethan from Overton's recommended Reward to trim back on Am Pondweed & bushy pondweed. He also recommended grass carp, but wasn't sure they'd have any available.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160