Our place is mostly timber, but 10 ac of soybeans every year. The surrounding land is 90% nice flat corn fields. The buck above on the left had a huge amount of corn in his belly. I didn’t notice it until I went back through to see if gut pile was getting cleaned up. It looked like someone had dumped out a large pail of corn. That was cleaned up in no time too. We eat deer burgers almost every week. Cooked on the grill like we used to cook regular hamburger. I’m liking it just fine, especially with crazy beef prices right now. Tenderloins, jerky, meat sticks, summer sausage, and brats are almost gone already, but we still have a lot of burger left. Deer tacos, deer chili, deer meatloaf, deer shepherds pie, ha! This is the meat from the older buck, but cut with pork fat. Still very lean.
I may donate meat from these older bucks in the future, and take a button buck for meat.

Last edited by SetterGuy; 05/27/20 11:17 AM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023