Jpsdad and Dr Luke - I definitely appreciate the thoughts. Thank you!!

Jpsdad - At 10 PSI my pump makes 12 CFM at sea level - assuming that is 8 CFM at 10,000' (33% de rate). When I say the trout doubled I mean length. I've never weighed a fish up there. They never used to live long enough to justify owning a scale Lol I don't THINK there are any cracks in the domes. I think once the dome gets big enough the air is travelling horizontally under the ice and venting out at shore somewhere. Maybe even burping out in intervals. I was not able to verify that though. I could not see any evidence of activity around the shore anywhere with binoculars. I did not walk around the shore that is close to the diffusers because I was scared of finding thin ice under snow by falling through. That shoreline is against the timber and holds much more snow than anywhere else on the lake.

Dr Luke - I am hoping the pipes put a stop to the ice domes. The cool part is we are going to install the pipes on two lakes lower than mine as well. One at 9,650' and one at 8,900'. One has a windmill aerator and one has a vertex solar rig. Neither has been able to keep a hole open all winter either and I am certain the domes are getting them as well. Both of those, especially the lower one, are much easier to access in winter than mine so I will get a lot of feedback from snowmobilers on if holes stay open or not.

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 05/26/20 07:45 AM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management