I built two cloverleaf traps in an attempt to catch and remove bullheads. The opening is 3"x1.5". I did not catch any bullheads with the traps. I baited with cheap dogfood. The following is a list of what was caught in the traps.

99 Bluegill - 2"-4"
16 Bluegill - 4.5" - 6.5"
2 Crappie - 4.5" - 5"
13 Bullfrog Tadpoles
76 Golden Shiners 4" - 6"

I had caught one very large golden shiner about eight years ago with a hook and line but never put much thought into it. I could not believe how many there were. What should I open the traps width and height to in order to start catching bullheads. I did catch 5 BH before leaving with hook and line and threw them on the bank. The largest was 8" the rest were 6" or less. So currently at 7 bullheads removed. It appears that I have gained a good understanding of what is in the pond even though it was somewhat unplanned. The measuring was planned thanks to jpsdad. The water is and always has been muddy. Collected some pond water in a clear water bottle and will see if it settles. We have a lot of red clay where I live, but I think it is caused by the BH. I recently learned the pond was created in the 80's and used for stocking CC and would be seined. I have not caught any CC and doubt they are still in the pond.

Last edited by b3nzy; 05/22/20 03:31 PM.