Sure. I think I read on another post that you had a 3 acre pond that was infested with coontail. It's been a while since I first got my GC, but TPWD will issue a permit for a max of 10 per acre if the total coverage is over 50-60%. That permit is good for 10 years, and no more can be added until the permit expires. "If" you initially stock all 30, and they don't control the coontail, you'll still have to chemically treat the coontail. If they do eliminate all the coontail, then they're going to be rooting around looking a new food source, and will muddy the water. I've got 110 in my pond, and and I ladder stocked them over the last 8 years.

I've resolved myself to having to deal with a limited about of coontail, and the GC are now handling most of it. I still treat with chemicals, but at not near the volume that I used too.

Grass Carp Permit Info - It can take weeks to months to get the permit, so I would handle that first. TPWD may make you go exactly by the fencing info if a public BOW is downstream of you. My pond is at the top of Lake Fork, and it took me months to get the permit. Others with no downstream issues get the permit quickly.

Aquaplant Coontail Control - A great source of information on pond plants, and their control.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 05/21/20 06:39 PM.

AL