Anything can be done with solar if you have the know-how and the money..I have neither in that aspect and cannot say that I have heard of a compelte soalr system for sale. Keep in mind that not everyone has turbidity issues due to their aeration system. My murky water is due to the multiple things that I mentioned. I have an abundance watershed the carries a fair amount of silty clay into the pond and an abundance of crawdads that constantly work the pond bottom stiring up the silt...then my aeration system moves it all around. I think an aeration sytem would have to be oversized to help reduce visibilty. I plan to continue reducing the crawdad populations and adjusting my air run-times to improve my visibility...there's not much I can do about the watershed without getting out my excavation wallet (which is empty).

The big upside to poor visibility, which you are shooting for, is that FA only grows in the top 6-10 inches of my water column. This means it grows attached to land grasses that lean over into the pond, portions of the dock, and any plant life that grows along the shore in the shallows. The crawdads also keep the pond floor clear of any FA. I get little to no floating mats of the stuff.

Most poeple don't choose to put carp in, but they do have their place. In your case, they might help keep the plant life down and once it's gone...they root aorund the bottom for food and stir things up.

First things first...What types of plants are you having troubles with?

Fish on!,
Noel