Do you know what brand of feed your perch supplier is now using? Maybe you and him could place some sort of order together? I feed all 7"+ perch the Optimal bass pellet. This is my test feed that I am using. Some of this bass pellet has been 6-8.5mm, the current bag that I have has this smaller bass pellet. I and my adult perch prefer the 9mm size. Optimal tells me the juvenile perch do well on the bluegill pellet they make.

My perch feed best at the surface just before dark right now this is 9pm for me in west Ohio. I am feeding Zeigler 1/4" Silver in my other test control pond. My perch now and until the water gets 76F will splash water on the dock as they feed. I have several pond owners who also have perch are calling their YP piranha when they feed. I have seen YP also feed very aggressively at the surface on the Purina Aquamax 600.

Your top end size perch matches what I have been seeing in most of the local perch ponds. We are still trying to get that 17" perch. Hopefully the Optimal feed will allow the YP to live long enough to reach that size.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 10/14/22 07:31 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management