Thanks for your replies!

My pond is surrounded 80% by pine and deciduous trees on 3 sides within 10 feet of the edge, and fed by a runoff from my woods. I think that ponds that do not have trees like this or runoff pouring in probably have a different eco balance. I put black dye in 4 days ago. And now we've had so much rain the past 2 days that my pond looks like a Starbucks Caramel Latte.

I have a friend who is retired Ohio DNR Fish & Game who has 7 fish ponds and sells fish for his business (FinFarm.com), who visited several years ago and recommended the bacteria that I use. My pond was cloudy most of the time and you couldn't see down past 2-3 feet usually. But after using the bacteria twice a week for about 6 weeks I started to see a difference and after that it was very clear. I don't think it was a coincidence. I do have a bottom bubble aerator and wonder if during these heavy rains if it's just too much for the natural bacteria to handle? And maybe some of it washes out?

I do currently have some matt algae along the edge for about a foot in some places, and also on the bottom going out about 4 feet. I think I will need to use some Cutrine Plus on it when this rain stops and we get some nice days. And as you said, that will not help the bacteria...