Originally Posted by snrub
Snipe that is great information on Gams. I have them in my main pond but really have a robust population in my RES/SMB pond. I'm pretty sure they got there by some water, moss and snails I transferred from my forage pond. Have tons of them in the small creek between ponds.

I always figured they might be good for the small MB fingerlings, but I never realized they provided the amount of forage you are suggesting. Figured they would give the SMB fingerlings some good exercise even if they did not provide much "meat". Seems as though they provide more than I thought. Makes me want to go seine some and add some more in my main pond.

Good information.

I'm glad you found that of value. Almost didn't post it on account of being off topic. If Snipe makes a thread on his forage pond, I'll delete and move there. Any forage that utilizes niches that are not adequately harvested offer similar potential, like crayfish and your bushy pondweed in the right balance.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers