I have been reading the post on this forum for some time. First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post. I have learned a lot. I really had no intention of posting here. I thought I had a good handle on it. But, before I burn any more diesel and time, I would like your opinions.
I live in Wilson county TN. I knew I would hit rock as I have excavated in this area a lot. From the test holes I dug, I thought it would work. I hit rock where I expected. It was wider than I envisioned. I guess my question is, will a foot or 2 of good clay seal around it? I have a little sketch below to help you visualize the rock elevations. The big wide rock will be baseline for elevations.

Elevations
• Entrance run off is 4’ above baseline (big rock).
• The first rock step down pictured drops 6 to 8”.
• Planned shoreline / dam elevation was 2’ above baseline (big rock).
• Current soil grade at the base of the dam is 9’ below baseline (big rock).
• Rock elevation at the bottom of the dam core trench is 12’ below baseline (big rock). 3’+ clay dam coverage.
• I just dug test holes down the ravine. The rock was at least 3’ below current grade. I planned to bring that up anyway.

Proposed Fixes
• New shoreline 4’ above baseline (little less than entrance runoff.) I would be happy if it would hold at 2’ above rock.
• Peninsula
• Drastically reduce pond size.
• Scrap this project. I’m not sure I would be happy with that option. As stubborn as some say I am, I will probably try it anyway.

Your opinions are most appreciated.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Last edited by Michael37090; 05/17/20 11:19 AM.