And I know that Al has done Tp so I wonder if that might work if you can produce enough for stocking 2 to 3" tp in the fall. I added some like that to my pond last fall and my lmb RW's jumped when I did that.

Tracy, I was thinking you stocked adult TP annually in the spring. Did you not do that last year? Late summer through fall seems like a great time to have an abundance of small TP.

On the problem of sediments stirring while seining, I am reminded of a TP fry production facility that was located on sandy soil that wouldn't hold water. They used Portland cement to bind the substrate. The process involved raking the cement into the soil, firming, and wetting with mist. In short while the cement hardened sufficiently that they could flood the pond and allow further curing. Was probably porous to some degree but they held water and something like this may help with the sediment stirring problem.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers