RC- thanks on PW experience!! My biggest issue now is how to undo some of the damage I did by putting too many trees near the South bank of the pond. I shaded the sod too much and with moderate to heavy rainfall I get a lot of soil wash. I'm considering putting some pea gravel and large limestone along most of the South bank where much of the ground water runoff rolls into the pond. I did put some pea gravel and egg stone down at the main entry point of the ground water runoff in SW corner of the pond yesterday. A lot more would have helped. I could cut down some White Spruce to reduce shading, but I want that to be a last resort thing.

It will be a few weeks before the Pickerel weed arrives. In the meantime I'm working with my brother who has some sedge and squaw weed to augment the sodded areas that have become thin and bare. I'll also apply some more fescue seed to those areas too. Doggone rain is supposed to start up again this evening and go through Tuesday. The rainfall on Friday evening took pond clarity from around 20" down to about 4". It's a muddy looking mess right now. Sometimes when we have the sort of rainfall we've been experiencing recently, a nuisance rat will appear too. Traps are set should that happen. It sure seems like the smaller the pond, the more management that is required..... If I can keep the muskrats away, I should be able to provide some blooming YI photos in about three weeks.