Moved into my new home last week and have a bit over a half acre 6 month old kidney bean shaped pond dug at 1/3 ratio. About 18 foot in the deepest part. We love to swim and will want to use the pond for that, but I'm also a fan of eating fish. LMB are fun to catch, but I don't really want to eat them. I am considering doing a Walleye / YP pond with 20 lbs of fatheads that will have most of the summer to reproduces as sole occupants of the pond (have good structure for them hoping for survival but who knows) until this fall when YP / WE go in. YP are pellet trained and considering continuing that to increase table yield. I will aerate with (1 or 2?) bottom diffuser(s).

I know the gold standard for ponds is Bluegill / LMB. I hate swimming in a bluegill pond though, the little bastards are always nipping at you, so I'm trying to stay away from them. I'm assuming this will work, but not sure how well I guess. I don't really expect reproduction from WE, and I somewhat ok with that so I can manage their population better. I wonder about their teeth though, a nibble from a BG is one thing, a walleye wouldn't be fun though. How are they in a swimming pond?

TLDR How are WE YP in a swimming pond. Will they leave me alone. Any fish to add / avoid in a pond meant for swimming as much as fishing.

Thanks.