Want to first start by thanking everyone on this forum, it has been a wealth of information. Recently joined and just started posting, but have read hours of very useful information.

Little info on my pond. I have a 5 acre property with a 3/4 acre pond next to our house. Bought the property 5 years ago built a home on it 3 years ago. When I first bought the property I was told the pond was stocked and had a very good trophy bass population (for northern Indiana standards). I didnt fish the pond at all until a year after buying the property, but for several trips didn't catch a single fish. The old owner lived nearby and asked if he could still fish the pond after the sale and I agreed, not sure if he took any fish but seems like he might have. My current neighbor (who has a once acre pond) said that they experienced a winter fish kill once but would still think there were some fish in the pond.

Fast forward 5 years and two kids later decided to fix the pong, goal is to have a trophy bluegill pond. Before finding the forum I did some lazy no info stocking. I took a few nice bass from the neighbors pond (7-10 three pound bass) and a couple buckets full of bluegill. about 20 of the bluegill were about 6-7" bluegill from a great local fishery and the rest were small (3-5") from the neighbors pond (maybe 50 more?). After that stocking I never caught a fish from my pond, I thought they did not make it.

I ended up getting 200 3-5" bluegill delivered from a hatchery that was a couple hours south (a local association was getting an order and I jumped in on that)

Since that order I discovered this site and got a ton of info so I decided to contact Scott from Hoosier pond pros (eeshup) and stock it properly. I had a long conversation with him and now have a fish order coming, just waiting on the weather (also ordered tilapia). Took his advise on what to stock and I gave him all the info from above.

Well since then I have done some more recon and now have some questions. This past week had some nice weather and have been trying to catch the big bass out of my pond to put back into the neighbors pond. Had no luck with the bass but did catch a few really nice healthy bluegill on a beetle spin, I didnt have a tape with him but would put the gills at 10 plus inches. You think it is just luck and caught a few of the big gills that were put in last year? I fished next few days with no luck (weather took a turn and I was still trying to get those bass) or did I miss an established population of fish?

Ill be calling Scott this week before he comes out, Im sure he will provide his opinion but I figured Ill post to get some opinions and use it as in introduction. Im not sure this will even change the plan

One thing I am getting frustrated with is trying to catch the few bass I put in, Ive tried a number of artificials and even putting on a small gill from the neighbors pond on a bobber and not even a bite.

Anyway Hello and thanks for the replies,

Dave