This is photo from Sept '19 of West half of pond. You will see some YI growing along the pond edge. Hopefully you can zoom the image to see details. Much of the vegetation is mud stained on lower few inches. A few days before photo we had 3.5" of rain in about 2.5 hours. That's an insane amount of rainfall for NEO. To make matters worse, my neighbor- with my concurrence- had removed a series of Austrian pine root balls on the property line. He had back-filled everything, but nothing had been done to seed the areas as of yet. This led to a significant silt wash into the pond and water visibility was under 6". A few days after this photo I seeded the bare areas of the two yards and the grass seed germinated. That soil wash threat has been remedied.

The YI is not very dense in this photo as the muskrats until early August really cut them off aggressively. At that point my experimental aeration took out the muskrats (hydrogen sulfide I believe...) at that time. My experience has been the YI root near the edge of the water and gradually crawl upward from the water's edge. Not much growth into the water itself. And yeah, it's still snowing here right now....went from 42 to 35 degrees and then started snowing. Shouldn't accumulate, but still!!!

Attached Images
Sept_2019_pond.jpg