Originally Posted by blindy_blower
I did some research a couple of weeks ago on laser levels, which could be useful for your needs. There is not a lot of discussion on forums that I could find. That made me wonder if lasers were worth it. I have a job coming up with a lot of interior walls and I was really looking for a new toy, I mean tool to buy. I searched the internet but got even more confused. I talked to some contractors at lumber yards and the guys that had lasers had really expensive ones that I could not relate to the cost. So I went to Lowe's and I got the Laser Mark LM30, it is manual level, only takes a minute to set up. I also got a Laserjam which is very nice. I had a kitchen to do right after I got it. It worked very nicely, even though I kept checking everything with a regular level. It was always perfect. For 200.00 I like it. I haven`t used it outside, you may need a detector to see it.
All in all, I`m pretty happy with it, I am now looking at a more expensive model which is self-leveling. Her is a link which has many different models and brands.
Also this tutorial might be helpful

Ahh thanks for that.

I was honestly wondering if I should take the chance and go cheap, but I might just play it safe and go with a more expensive model.

I think it'll be worth it with as much as I'll be using it.